Thursday, October 11, 2012

Wii Fitness

I had not used the Wii in several months but started up again in August or September and yesterday I finished another completion of the Wii Walk It Out Rhythm Island.  I was up to walking an hour a day and mostly walked with faster songs (120 BPM or greater).  I thought I was doing fair fitness wise.

HA!

Today I decided to try one of my other games and selected My Fitness Coach which I haven't used in a few years.  I made it through 6 minutes of a 15 minute workout.  It's a lot tougher than I remembered but according to my profile, I weighed about 40 pounds less. 

I'm retired now and mostly sit on my duff and do nothing (as opposed to when I was working and mostly sat on my duff and did work stuff).  I can't walk outside very often because there's always something out there that I'm allergic to or can't tolerate.  Like cold weather which triggers asthma so I'm counting on the Wii to get me into better shape this winter. 

Of course, the major thing is that it works better when I actually use it. 

No comments: